A sacrament of commitment
Membership in TUMC is open to all those who profess faith in Jesus and desire to be a part of a community of faith shaped by Anabaptist-Mennonite theological convictions.
Persons are received in membership:
- By baptism upon confession of faith.
- By letter of recommendation and transfer from another Mennonite congregation or any other Christian congregation.
- Upon confession of faith, having previously been baptized.
Steps to becoming a member include:
- Indicating your desire to become a member to a TUMC pastor.
- Joining a faith exploration class to consider your faith journey and to learn about the Mennonite Church.
- Inviting a TUMC member to be your faith partner as you prepare for a baptism or membership service.
- Preparing a brief faith story to share with the congregation.
- Participating in a congregational covenanting service of baptism and/or membership.
Associate membership is also open to those who wish to maintain ties with another congregation while being active at TUMC. Associate members have all rights and responsibilities of full members.